- Published: January 11, 2023
- News from the Past: January 2023
From the Jan. 12, 1966 issue of the News: “Leo Hamilton, one of eight winners of $25 each at last Saturday’s Appreciation Day drawing, displays his winnings, while others nearby are happy for him.”
- T.R.I.B.E pilot program to support health workers
“Trauma and Resiliency Informed Birth Education,” or T.R.I.B.E., recently launched a nine-month pilot program geared toward bolstering the health and wellbeing of healthcare practitioners — particularly doulas — through a “trauma-informed strategy.”
- Facilities Committee split on renovation
The YS Schools Facilities Committee continued to discuss potential options for renovation of the district’s public school buildings at its most recent meeting on Thursday, Jan. 5.
- Housing, education at the former Greene County Career Center
Once completed, the 290,000-square-foot Emerge Trade and Recovery facility will offer live-in recovery services, provide job training and provide a place for those recently emancipated from the foster system.
- Trustees settle first-of-year business
At their first meeting of the new year, the Miami Township trustees handled their first-of-year business, mapping the three-person board’s foundation for 2023.
- 2023 Martin Luther King Jr. Day events set in Yellow Springs
“The Fierce Urgency of Now” is the theme of the 2023 Martin Luther King Jr. Day activities scheduled Monday, Jan. 16, in the village.
Comments are closed for this article.