Articles About charity
By Carol SimmonsNovember 30, 2017
After collecting $75,000 in a single day last November, an effort to raise money for local nonprofit groups is returning to the village for a second year this holiday season.
By Megan BachmanDecember 26, 2013
In Yellow Springs, those who serve the needy are seeing the holiday spirit of solidarity with generous donations of money, food and gifts from villagers so far this season.
By Jeff SimonsDecember 13, 2012
What began more than 20 years ago with a small group of local volunteers collecting fruit baskets for low-income families has evolved into a program—Share the Joy—whereby struggling families in Yellow Springs can request essential gifts for themselves and their children.
Guide to Yellow Springs
Previous issue’s stories
- Yellow Springs Schools — Holden addresses facilities
- Village Council—Local electricity mega-green
- Antioch College — Summer Institute series debuts
- Classroom climate — How do YSHS students learn?
- ‘Interrupted Motherhood’— The juggling act of single motherhood
- Antioch Reunion — Talking town-gown links
- Steve Bognar receives a ‘Welcome to the Academy’
From the print
Recent Blog Posts
- Behind the story
- From the Print
- Higher Education
- News Notices
- Student Life
- Village Life
- Village Schools
- Yellow Springs News Blogs