Village Council Work Session
- Published: October 14, 2015
Village Council Work Session
Monday, Oct. 19, 2015, 6:30 p.m.
Council Chambers, second floor
Bryan Community Center
Comments from the Public are welcomed at two different times during the course of the meeting: (1) Comments on items not on the Agenda will be heard under Citizens Concerns, and (2) Comments on all items listed on the Agenda will be heard during Council’s consideration of said item. A Sign-In sheet will be made available on the small table at the rear of the Council Chambers. Please write your name and the topic you wish to discuss.
• Robyn Fosnaugh, Community Health Services Director, Greene County Health Department re: Levy Renewal
• Oct. 29: Special Meeting of Council: ACE Task Force Discussion
PUBLIC HEARINGS/-LEGISLATION (6:50)
• Reading of Ordinance 2015-14 Repealing Old Section 1046.02 Service Charges; Exemption of Chapter 1046 Water of Title Four Public Utilities of Part Ten Streets, Utilities and Public Services of the Codified Ordinances of the Village Of Yellow Springs, Ohio and Enacting New Section 1046.02 Service Charges; Exemption
• Reading of Ordinance 2015-17 Repealing Old Section 1048.05 Service Charges of Chapter 1048 Sewers and Sewage of Title Four Public Utilities of Part Ten Streets, Utilities and Public Services of the Codified Ordinances of the Village Of Yellow Springs, Ohio and Enacting a New Section 1048.05 Service Charges
• First Reading of Ordinance 2015-19 Adopting Chapter 881 Of The Codified Ordinances Of The Village Of Yellow Springs Regarding Municipal Income Tax Effective Jan. 1, 2016
• First Reading of Ordinance 2015-20 Standardizing Expectations and Procedures for Village Boards and Commissions
• Environmental Commission Recommendations re: Easement Priorities
• Enterprise, Special Revenue Funds and Capital Budgets
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
• Oct. 29 (7 pm): ACE Task Force Discussion (in A&B)
• Nov. 2: 2016 Budget Workshop – collective budget with revisions; Final Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2015-14 re: Water Rates; Final Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2015-17 re: Sewer Rates; Final Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2015-19 Adopting Chapter 881 Of The Codified Ordinances Of The Village Of Yellow Springs Regarding Municipal Income Tax Effective Jan. 1, 2016; Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2015-20 Standardizing Expectations and Procedures for Village Boards and Commissions; Resolution 2015-43 Accepting the Amounts and Rates as Determined by the Budget Commission and Authorizing the Necessary Tax Levies and Certifying Them to the County Auditor; Resolution 2015-44 Approving an Annexation Agreement with Glen Helen
• Nov. 16: Work Session: 2016 Budget, First Reading; Possible Follow-up to ACE Task Force Discussion
• Nov. 17 (6 pm): Special Meeting of Council for Presentation from Finalists for Water Plant Design/Build\
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. The Council meeting is wheelchair accessible. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 767-9126 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.