Village Council Regular Meeting
- Published: March 16, 2017
Village Council Regular Meeting
Monday, March 20, 2017 at 7 p.m.
Council Chambers, second floor, Bryan Community Center
Comments from the Public are welcomed at two different times during the course of the meeting: (1) Comments on items not on the Agenda will be heard under Citizens Concerns, and (2) Comments on all items listed on the Agenda will be heard during Council’s consideration of said item. A Sign-In sheet will be made available on the small table at the rear of the Council Chambers. Please write your name and the topic you wish to discuss.
• For the Purpose of Discussion of the Potential Hiring of a Public Employee
SWEARING IN OF POLICE OFFICERS
• Luciana Lieff and Stephanie Bennington
SWEARING IN OF BOARD AND COMMISSION MEMBERS
• Franklin Halley; Rick Walkey and Bob Brecha: Energy Board
• Duard Headley: Environmental Commission
• William Randolph: Justice System Task Force
CONSENT AGENDA (7:05 p.m.)
• Minutes of February 13, 2017 Special Council Meeting
• Minutes of February 21, 2017 Regular Meeting
• Minutes (Roll Call and Motions) of March 2, 2017 Special Meeting (Executive Session) of Council
• Minutes of March 6, 2017, Regular Meeting
• Minutes of March 13, 2017 Executive Session with Brief General Session Following
• Financials for February, 2017
PUBLIC HEARING / LEGISLATION
• First Reading of Ordinance 2017-04 Supplemental Appropriations for the First Quarter of 2017
• First Reading of Ordinance 2017-05 Granting a Permanent Conservation Easement on a Portion of the Glass Farm
• Reading of Resolution 2017-13 Affirming the Village of Yellow Springs as a Welcoming Community for All Persons Regardless of Country of Origin, Ethnicity, Age, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Income, Ability or Religion
• Reading of Resolution 2017-16 Approving Council’s 2017 Goals
• Arts and Culture Commission End of Year Report
• Design Nine Preliminary Fiber Network Assessment Presentation
• Council Review of Draft Letter to US Bank re: Possible Withdrawal of Funds
• JSTF Recommendations to Council
• Update on CBE Forum Schedule
• Process Discussion re: Hiring of a Permanent Police Chief
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
• April 3:
+ Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2017-04 Supplemental Appropriations for the First Quarter of 2017
+ Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2017-05 Granting a Permanent Conservation Easement on a Portion of the Glass Farm
+ Resolution 2017-17 Authorizing the Village Manager to Sign a Contract with Company X for the Installation of Sidewalks, Ramps, Domes and Curbs along Portions of Xenia Ave.
+ Greene County Combined Health District Presentation: Tobacco Free Public Spaces
+ Energy Board End of Year Report
• April 17: Resolution Declaring April 27th “Coretta Scott King Day” in the Village of Yellow Springs
• April 24: Council Retreat (Antioch University Midwest; 9 am–4 pm)
• TBA: Second Community Forum: CBE Conversation Follow-Up in Rooms A&B (7–8:30 pm)
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held at 7 p.m. on Monday, April 3, 2017 in Council Chambers, John Bryan Community Center, 100 Dayton Street.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. The Council meeting is wheelchair accessible. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 767-9126 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.