Village Council Regular Meeting
- Published: April 20, 2017
Village Council Annual Retreat
Monday, April 24, 2017, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Antioch University Midwest, Room B105
Please arrive at 8:45 a.m. to enable the retreat to start promptly at 9 a.m.
Overarching Goals for the Retreat
• Developing a timeline for 2017 Council Goals
• Planning and managing meetings to be most effective and inclusionary
• Manage projects and proposals between Council, Commissions and Staff
• Improving Council Effectiveness with citizens, staff and commissions
9:00Welcome & Review Agenda
9:05Council, Staff and Solicitor share thoughts/observations
(3 minutes each).
9:35Council 2017 Goals Timeline
11:30Conflict of Interest Procedure Clarification (led by Chris Conard)
12:45Project Management (relationship with staff, boards, commissions and consultants)
• Staff Workflow/Direction, Board/Commission Role in accomplishing Council goals, Process to move Board/Commission work to Staff and Council, Consultant Contracts, Role of Council in Project Management
1:45Council/Staff handling of citizen inquiries and information requests
2:15Status of Leadership Training and Staff Development
3:00Executive Session to consider the employment or compensation of a public employee (Council Only Session)