Village Council Regular Meeting
- Published: October 11, 2018
Village Council Regular Meeting
Monday, October 15, 2018 at 7 p.m.
Council Chambers, second floor, Bryan Community Center
Comments from the Public are welcomed at two different times during the course of the meeting: (1) Comments on items not on the Agenda will be heard under Citizens Concerns, and (2) Comments on all items listed on the Agenda will be heard during Council’s consideration of said item. A Sign-In sheet will be made available on the small table at the rear of the Council Chambers. Please write your name and the topic you wish to discuss.
• Beth Rubin, Director of Greene County Dept. of Job and Family Services re: Upcoming GCCS Levy
CONSENT AGENDA (7:10 p.m.)
Minutes of October 1, 2018 Regular Meeting
• Zoning Ordinances:
+ Amend Chapter 1226.11 Minor Subdivisions – to add formal action by the Planning Commission in certain circumstances as determined by the Zoning Administrator.
+ Amend Chapter 1226.12 Replats – to add formal action by the Planning Commission in certain circumstances as determined by the zoning administrator.
+ Amend Chapter 1226.13 Subdivision Fees – to add fees for minor subdivisions and replats when Planning Commission approval is required.
+ Amend Chapter 1260.02 (e) Minimum Lot Frontage – to clarify the zoning code regarding minimum lot frontage requirements.
+ Amend Chapter 1260.03 (a) Parking and Storage – adding driveway standards to the zoning code.
+ Amend Chapter 1260.03 (b) Parking and Storage – making it unlawful to park a mobile home or recreational vehicle on any public street, alley or public place in the Village, except for the expeditious loading and unloading of the vehicle.
+ Amend Chapter 1260.03 (c) Recreational Vehicle Parking
+ Amend Chapter 1260.04 (a) (13) Uses – striking driveway setback language from this section of the zoning code.
+ Amend Chapter 1260.04 (h) Uses – adding clarifying language regarding tiny homes on wheels.
+ Amend Chapter 1284.09 Definitions T-U Adding a definition of tiny homes.
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:25 p.m.)
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2018-35 Creating a Utility Roundup Program for the Village of Yellow Springs
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2018-38 Repealing Old Section 288.01 “Establishment and Purpose” of Chapter 288.01 of the Public Art Commission of Title Eight Boards And Commissions of Part Two Administration Code of the Codified Ordinances of the Village of Yellow Springs, Ohio and Enacting New Section 288.01 “Establishment and Purpose”
• First Reading of Ordinance 2018-39 Approving a Supplemental Appropriation for the Third Quarter of 2018
SPECIAL REPORTS (7:50 p.m.)
• Wheeling Gaunt Sculpture Presentation (10 min.)
• Review and Approval of Third Quarter Financials (Harris: 5 min.)
• General Fund Presentation (Harris: 30 min.)
OLD BUSINESS (8:35 p.m.)
• Justice System Commission Discussion (Hempfling: 20 min.)
• Housing Goals Presentation (MacQueen: 20 min.)
NEW BUSINESS (9:15 p.m.)
• Zoning Administrator Request for Zoning Change re: R-B to R-C/PUD (Home, Inc. Senior Housing). (Swinger: 10 min.)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS (9:50 p.m.)*
+ Enterprise and Special Revenue Fund Presentation
+ First Reading of Ordinance 2018-31 Mandating that the Use of Any Form of Surveillance Technology by Village of Yellow Springs Entities be Approved by Village Council
+ First Reading of Ordinance 2018-39 Approving a Supplemental Appropriation
+ DCIC Ordinance
+ Second Reading of Myriad Zoning Ordinances
+ Citizen Advisory Board Proposal Continued
+ Council Open Seat Process
+ ESC Special Report
• Nov. 19:
+ Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2018-31 Mandating that the Use of Any Form of Surveillance Technology by Village of Yellow Springs Entities be Approved by Village Council
+ Candidate Q&A with Council in Open Session
+ Executive Session re: Council Open Seat Candidate Discussion
+ Budget Workshop with Revisions
+ DCIC Ordinance
+ Presentation and First Reading of Ordinance Approving the 2019 Budget for the Village of Yellow Springs and Declaring an Emergency
• Dec. 3:
+ Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance Approving the 2019 Budget for the Village of Yellow Springs and Declaring an Emergency
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, November 5, 2018 in Council Chambers, John Bryan Community Center, 100 Dayton Street.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. The Council meeting is wheelchair accessible. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 767-9126 or via e-mail at email@example.com for more information.
Comments are closed for this article.