Village Council Regular Meeting
- Published: February 28, 2019
Village Council Regular Meeting
Monday, March 4, 2019 at 7 p.m.
Council Chambers, second floor, Bryan Community Center
Comments from the Public are welcomed at two different times during the course of the meeting: (1) Comments on items not on the Agenda will be heard under Citizens Concerns, and (2) Comments on all items listed on the Agenda will be heard during Council’s consideration of said item. A Sign-In sheet will be made available on the small table at the rear of the Council Chambers. Please write your name and the topic you wish to discuss. NOTE: Agenda items may be changed at the pleasure of Council during Review of Agenda. This is done with attention to the need to give the public time to engage, and is kept to a minimum.
CALL TO ORDER
PETITIONS/COMMUNICATIONS (7:10 p.m.)
The Clerk will receive and file:
• Village Manager re: OML Letter Regarding Gas Tax Increase
• ODOT re: Gas tax
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:20 p.m.)
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2019-04: Repealing Section 452.13 “Limited Parking Areas” of the Codified Ordinances of the Village of Yellow Springs and Replacing it with a New Section 452.13 “Limited Parking Areas”
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2019-05: Repealing and Replacing Chapter 238.04 Section B (1) “Investment Officers” of Chapter 238 Treasurer of Title Six “Administration” of the Codified Ordinances of the Village of Yellow Springs, Ohio
• Reading of Resolution 2019-07: Approving Council’s 2019 Village Goals
SPECIAL REPORTS (7:45 p.m.)
• Progressing Toward a Culture of Health: Sharon Sherlock/Cindy Sieck (15 min.)
OLD BUSINESS (8 p.m.)
• Proposal for Police Department Assessment (MacQueen: 20 min.)
• Discussion of Proposed SBA Cell Tower Buyout (Bates: 10 min.)
• Manager’s Housing Advisory Board Report (MacQueen: 5 min.)
• Village Manager Search Update (Housh: 10 min.)
NEW BUSINESS (8:45 p.m.)
• Consideration of Planning Commission Recommendation re: PUD Rezoning Request (Swinger: 45 min.)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS (9:40 p.m.)*
• March 18:
+ Discussion of Holiday Swap or Replacement for Election Day
+ Charter Amendment Follow Up
+ Creation of Energy Savings Improvement District
+ Village Manager Search Update
• April 1: Announcement of Village Manager Candidate Finalists
• April 15: Village Manager Search Update
• May 6: Village Manager Announcement and Transition Plan
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, March 18, 2019 in Council Chambers, John Bryan Community Center, 100 Dayton Street.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. The Council meeting is wheelchair accessible. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 767-9126 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Comments are closed for this article.