— Public Notice —
Village Council Regular Meeting
Monday, January 6, 2020 at 7 p.m.
Council Chambers, second floor, Bryan Community Center
CALL TO ORDER
SWEARING IN OF NEW AND RETURNING COUNCIL MEMBERS
NOMINATION OF COUNCIL PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT
VOTE FOR COUNCIL PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT
CONSENT AGENDA (7:15 p.m.)
• Minutes of December 16, 2019 Regular Session
PETITIONS/COMMUNICATIONS (7:25 p.m.)
The Clerk will receive and file:
• Lisa Crosswhite re: Complaint re: Temporary Traffic Project Study Discussion
• Gilah Pomerantz re: Complaint re: Temporary Traffic Project Study Discussion
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:30 p.m.)
• Reading of Resolution 2020-01 Authorizing the Sale During Calendar Year 2020 of Municipally Owned Personal Property Which is Not Needed for Public Use, or Which is Obsolete or Unfit for the Use for Which it was Acquired, by Internet Auction, Pursuant to Ohio Revised Code Section 721.15(D).
• Reading of Resolution 2020-02 Approving an Employment Agreement with Josue E. Salmeron for Continued Service as Village Manager
• Reading of Resolution 2020-03 Approving an Employment Agreement with Judith O. Kintner for Continued Service as Clerk of Council
• Reading of Resolution 2020-04 Supporting Cresco’s Request for Increased Lighting Allowance During Winter Months
• Reading of Resolution 2020-05 Renewing Council’s Commitment to Increasing and Diversifying Village Housing Stock
• Reading of Resolution 2020-06 Designating the Yellow Springs Development Corporation as an Economic Agent for the Village of Yellow Springs
OLD BUSINESS (8:20 p.m.)
• Council Retreat Agenda (Housh: 5 min.)
• Board and Commission Assessment/Feedback (MacQueen/Kreeger: 20 min.)
• 2019 Year in Review (Housh: 15 min.)
NEW BUSINESS (9 p.m.)
• Arts and Culture Commission Presentation “Lights of Change” (Kreeger: 10 min.)
• Nominations to Boards/Commissions (MacQueen: 5 min.)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS (9:30 p.m.)*
Jan. 15: • Council Retreat
Jan. 21: • Board and Commission End of Year Reports
• Manager’s 2019 Report
• Discussion of Potential Sale of Village Renewable Energy Credits
• Council Rules and Procedures
Feb. 3: • Resolution Approving Council Rules and Procedures
• Council 2020 Goals Discussion
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 21 2020 in Council Chambers, John Bryan Community Center, 100 Dayton Street.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change. Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office. The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. The Council meeting is wheelchair accessible. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 767-9126 or via e-mail at email@example.com for more information.