— Public Notice —
Village Council Regular Meeting
Virtual Meeting • Monday, May 17, 2021
Executive Session, 6:30 p.m. • Regular Meeting, 7 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: In accordance with Village Ordinance 2020-36, this meeting will be held as a remote meeting. The public is not permitted to access Council Chambers during the meeting.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, ALL COUNCIL MEETINGS WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY.
Anyone can observe the meeting via YouTube (Community Access Yellow Springs), Facebook or by contacting email@example.com. If you would like to make a live statement or otherwise participate, please contact Judy
Kintner (Clerk@yso.com or 937-767-9126) to arrange via the Zoom meeting platform. Please be advised that if you wish to participate, you MUST identify yourself and your contact information as it will be part of the public record created from the meeting. No unidentified statements or commentary from platforms other than Zoom will be read into the minutes of the meeting or responded to in real time. Council may establish reasonable uniform limitations on public participation, including time restrictions for comments.
CALL TO ORDER
EXECUTIVE SESSION (6:30 p.m.)
• For the Discussion of the Potential Sale of Village Owned Property.
SWEARINGS-IN (7 p.m.)
• Planning Commission: Susan Stiles and Gary Zaremsky
• Arts and Culture Commission: John Fleming and Cathy Roma
CONSENT AGENDA (7:10 p.m.)
• Minutes of May 3, 2021 Regular Session
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:25 p.m.)
• First Reading of Ordinance 2021-10 Approving the Amended Personnel Policy Manual and Declaring an Emergency
• Reading of Resolution 2021-19 Authorizing the Village Manager to Enter into an Agreement with Gray’s Tree Service for 2021 Utility Line Clearance (Section 4) of the Village
• Reading of Resolution 2021-20 Condemning Anti-Asian and Asian-American Harassment and Violence
SPECIAL REPORTS (7:50 p.m.)
• American Municipal Power: Power Supply Update (Mike Migliore: 25 min.)
• Strong Towns Presentation (Salmerón: 10 min.)
NEW BUSINESS (8:25 p.m.)
• Proposal to Add Insurance Buy-In as Elected Official Option (Curliss: 5 min.)
• Proposal to Amend COVID Restrictions (Curliss: 10 min.)
• Discussion of In-Person Council and Commission Meetings (Housh: 15 min.)
• Proposal for Climate Action Coordinator Position (MacQueen: 10 min.)
• Letter to Montgomery County Commissioners (Housh: 5 min.)
• Discussion re: Certifying the VYS for a Building Department (Salmerón: 10 min.)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS* (9:25 p.m.)
• Reciprocal Income Tax Discussion
• TLT Annual Report
• First Reading of Ordinance 2021-11 Establishing Chapter 212 of the Codified Ordinances: Ethics
• Resolution 2021-XX Supporting Climate and Sustainability Actions
• Resolution in Celebration of Pride Week in the Village of Yellow Springs
• First Reading of Weeds Ordinance Text Amendment
• Wheeling Gaunt Sculpture Presentation
• First Reading of Ordinance 2021-XX Accepting Annexation of 33.816 Acres of Property Now Located in the Township Contiguous to the Village
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2021-XX Accepting Annexation of 33.816 Acres of Property Now Located in the Township Contiguous to the Village
• First Reading of Ordinance 2021-XX Rezoning to PUD
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2021-XX Rezoning to PUD
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs
will be held as a virtual meeting at 7 p.m. on Monday, June 7, 2021.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 937-767-9126 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.