— Public Notice —
Village Council Regular Meeting
Monday, July 19, 2021, 7 p.m.
Council Chambers, second floor, Bryan Community Center
PLEASE NOTE: You will be able to participate via zoom and ask questions or comment in the same manner as during the pandemic protocols. Contact the Council Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-767-9126 to obtain a zoom link. You must request your link prior to 6pm on the day of the meeting. Meetings will continue to be livestreamed on Facebook, Channel 5 and You Tube. If you are attending in-person, and are NOT vaccinated,
you are required to wear a mask. Comments from the Public are welcomed at two different times during the course of the meeting: 1. Comments on items not on the Agenda will be heard under Citizens Concerns, and 2. Comments on all items listed on the Agenda will be heard during Council’s consideration of said item.
CALL TO ORDER
CONSENT AGENDA (7:10 p.m.)
• Minutes of July 6, 2021, Regular Session
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:25 p.m.)
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2021-20 Accepting Annexation from Miami Township to the Village of Yellow Springs of 33.816 Acres of Property Located North of East Hyde Road and
West of Spillan Road
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2021-21 Amending Chapter 1262 re: Expiration and Specific Requirements – Transient Guest Lodging
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2021-22 Amending Chapter 1268 re: Expiration
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2021-23 Amending Chapter 1278 re: Decisions of the Board – Board of Zoning Appeals
• Reading of Resolution 2021-29 Authorizing the Village Manager to Execute a Contract with Piper Fernway to Provide the Village with a Climate Action and Sustainability Plan
• Reading of Resolution 2021-30 Committing a total of $12,000 to the Yellow Springs Home, Inc. Major Repair Initiative from the Village 2022 Fiscal Budget in Support of a USDA Housing Preservation Grant Contingent Upon Award of Grant Funds
OLD BUSINESS (8:45 p.m.)
• Continued Discussion of Creation of a Citizen/Community Review Board (Curliss/Kreeger: 5 min.)
• Follow Up Discussion Re: Busking and Street Vendors/Ideas for Sidewalk Space (Housh: 10 min.)
NEW BUSINESS (9 p.m.)
• Discussion of Health Insurance Option for Elected Officials (Curliss: 5 min.)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS* (9:15 p.m.)
• Goals Review
• First Reading of Ordinance 2021-18 Prohibiting Housing Discrimination Based Upon Source of Income in the Village of Yellow Springs
• First Reading of Ordinance 2021-24 Establishing a Public Utility and New Chapter XXX for Municipal Broadband
• Reading of Resolution 2021-XX Permitting Elected Village Officials to Buy In To Village Employee Health Care
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2021-18 Prohibiting Housing Discrimination Based Upon Source of Income in the Village of Yellow Springs
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2021-24 Establishing a Public Utility and New Chapter XXX for Municipal Broadband
• First Reading of Ordinance 2021-XX Rezoning 33.816 Acres of Property Located North of East Hyde Road and West of Spillan Road to from Residence A to Planned Unit Development (PUD)
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2021-XX Rezoning 33.816 Acres of Property Located North of East Hyde Road and West of Spillan Road to from Residence A to Planned Unit Development (PUD)
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held as a virtual meeting at 7 p.m. on Monday, August 16, 2021.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 937-767-9126 or via e-mail at email@example.com for more information.