Village Council | Regular Meeting Agenda
- Published: April 27, 2022
— Public Notice —
Village Council Agenda
Monday, May 2, 2022 | Regular Meeting, 7 p.m.
Anyone can observe the meeting via cable channel 5, YouTube (Community Access Yellow Springs) or on Facebook. If you would like to make a live statement or otherwise participate virtually, please contact Judy Kintner (Clerk@yso.com or 937-767-9126) to arrange via the Zoom meeting platform.
THIS MUST BE DONE PRIOR TO 6 P.M. ON THE DATE OF THE MEETING.
Please be advised that if you wish to participate, you MUST identify yourself and your contact information as it will be part of the public record created from the meeting. No unidentified statements or commentary or from platforms other than Zoom will be read into the minutes of the meeting or responded to in real time. Council may establish reasonable uniform limitations on public participation, including time restrictions for comments.
VIRTUAL PARTICIPATION WILL BE PERMITTED ONLY DURING LEGISLATION AND CITIZEN CONCERNS.
CALL TO ORDER
• YSPD Chaplain: LaToya Warren
• Arts and Culture Commission: Werdell Kirk
CONSENT AGENDA (7:15 p.m.)
• Minutes of April 18, 2022 Regular Session
REVIEW OF AGENDA (7:20 p.m.)
PETITIONS/COMMUNICATIONS (7:25 p.m.)
• Brian Housh re: OML Regional Conference
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:30 p.m.)
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2022-13 Amending Chapter 276 “Human Relations Commission”
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2022-14 Repeal and Replace Chapter 1022 Numbering of Buildings to Chapter 204 Official Standards Moving Addressing of Buildings to Chapter 204 Official Standards and Updating the Language
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2022-15 Amending Chapter 1440 – 1440.03 “Authority of Village Manager” Thereby Removing Reference to Greene County Building Regulations
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2022-16 Amending Chapter 1266 “Signs” Thereby Changing References from “Greene County Building Regulations” to “Building Official”
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2022-17 Amending Chapter 1470 “Public Nuisances” Thereby Changing Reference from “Greene County Building Official” to “Building Official”
• Emergency Reading of Ordinance 2022-19 Approving the Form and
• Authorizing the Execution of the 2022 Solar Energy Schedule with American Municipal Power, Inc. and Taking of Other Actions in Connection Therewith Regarding Solar Generated Energy Purchases
• Emergency Reading of Ordinance 2022-20 Approving the Form and
• Authorizing the Execution of an Energy Contract with American Municipal Power, Inc.
• Reading of Resolution 2022-28 Authorizing the Village Manager to Enter Into an Agreement for the Sale of Village Owned Renewable Energy Credits
• Reading of Resolution 2022-29 Authorizing the Village Manager to Enter Into Contract with ODOT for the Dayton Street Multi-Modal Path Project
• Reading of Resolution 2021-30 Calling On Ohio PERS to Divest from and Avoid any Financial Exposure to Companies Involved in the Production and Maintenance of Nuclear Weapons, and Calling on the United States to Support and Join the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons
CITIZEN CONCERNS (7:55 p.m.)
OLD BUSINESS (8:05 p.m.)
• YS Pride Request Follow Up (Salmeron: 10 min.)
• Climate Action Update (MacQueen: 5 min.)
NEW BUSINESS (8:20 p.m.)
• Affordable Housing Proposal (Salmerón: 10 min.)
• Each candidate for the upcoming Council vacancy will have 2-3 minutes to present a bio and position statement, and to respond
to any brief Council questions.
MANAGER’S REPORT (9:05 p.m.)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS* (9:15 p.m.)
May 16: – Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2022-19 Authorizing Execution of the 2022 Solar Energy Schedule with American Municipal Power, Inc. and Approving Necessary Actions in Connection Therewith Regarding Solar Generated Energy Purchases
– PACC Presentation on Busking
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (9:20 p.m.)
• For The Purpose of Evaluation of the Qualifications of Council Candidates.
• Council announcement of Executive Session outcome regarding next steps in selection of replacement Council member.
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held at 7 p.m. on Monday, May 16, 2022.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 937-767-9126 or via email at email@example.com for more information.