Articles About Antiochiana

  • Present gives voices to village past

    The Yellow Springs downtown of the early 1900s is superimposed on the Yellow Springs of today. In the same way, the village’s past comes alive on the Web pages of local history blogs started in recent years. The historical photo (c.1910) was taken from approximately the same location looking north on Xenia Avenue 100 years ago. Visible are the traction line, built in 1902, the Independent Order of the Odd Fellows building and new cement sidewalks. Visit ysnews.com for more photos in the “Past and Present” series. (Historical photo courtesy of Antiochiana, Antioch College; photo by Megan Bachman)

    Yellow Springs’ founders and early settlers didn’t have Internet — they probably couldn’t have imagined it — but later generations are now using it to imagine the lives of former villagers.

The forecast for 45387 by Wunderground for WordPress