Articles About FAA
By Diane ChiddisterSeptember 19, 2013
In mid-August the largest Unmanned Aircraft Systems, or UAS, conference in the world took place in Washington, D.C. Among the more than 600 information booths on UAS research, development and manufacturing, the biggest booth hailed from Ohio — and specifically, from the Miami Valley.
By Brooke BryanDecember 3, 2009
The “deafening” and “brain rattling” sensation of an F-16 jet veering near town on a training mission is, some villagers say, an “assault on the nervous system”— an inescapable sensation that “penetrates the body” and sometimes rattles windows.
Other villagers find the occasional low flyover to be a mere annoyance, or even a curiosity to count with the kids.
Last Week’s stories
- Merrick brothers indicted— Death sentence a possibility
- Plans to expand mining in area cause concern
- Antioch Review, the little magazine, still big at 75
- Friends use art to confront illness
- An often fraught relationship is under scrutiny
- Beloved Community aim is inclusion
Seeking our series?
Guide to Yellow Springs
Search the YS News
Recent Blog Posts
Seeking something older?
- Peaceful gathering by Suzanne Szempruch
- BLOG — Participant, observer by Lauren Shows
- ‘Super’ projects on display at Mills Lawn Exhibition Night by Lauren Shows
- From the Print
- Higher Education
- News Notices
- Payment forms
- Students Around The World
- Village Life
- Village Schools
- Yellow Springs News Blogs