Village Council Regular Meeting
Monday, June 4, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
Council Chambers, second floor, Bryan Community Center
Comments from the Public are welcomed at two different times during the
course of the meeting: (1) Comments on items not on the Agenda will be heard
under Citizens Concerns, and (2) Comments on all items listed on the Agenda
will be heard during Council’s consideration of said item. A Sign-In sheet will
be made available on the small table at the rear of the Council Chambers. Please
write your name and the topic you wish to discuss.
CALL TO ORDER
EXECUTIVE SESSION (6:30 p.m.)
• For the Discussion of Potential Litigation.
REGULAR MEETING (7 p.m.)
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:15 p.m.)
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2018-22
Repealing Section 1266.03 “Permitted Signs” of the Codified Ordinances
of the Village Of Yellow Springs, Ohio and Enacting New Chapter 1266.03
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2018-23
Repealing Section 1284.03 “Definitions: C-D” of the Codified Ordinances
of the Village of Yellow Springs, Ohio and Enacting New Chapter 1284.03
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2018-24
Repealing Section 1284.08 “Definitions: R-S” of the Codified Ordinances
of the Village of Yellow Springs, Ohio and Enacting New Chapter 1284.08
• Reading of Resolution 2018-20 Approving Requested Funds for
Commissions for 2018
• Reading of Resolution 2018-21 Supporting the Health and Welfare of
Our Youth and Encouraging Greene County Public Health Department to
Pursue Statewide Legislation for Tobacco 21
SPECIAL REPOR TS(7:35 p.m.)
• Audit Exit Inter view Over view (Brice Frentzel)
OLD BUSINESS (7:55 p.m.)
• Proposal for Legislation to Forgive First Late Fee Annually for Utilities
(Kreeger: 10 min.)
• Diversity Outreach Hiring Policy Draft (Bates: 15 min.)
• Utility Roundup Follow Up (Bates: 5 min.)
• Proposal for Tree City Status (Bates: 10 min.)
• Housing Advisor y Board Report/Discussion (MacQueen: 10 min.)
• Selection of Dates for July 4-Hour Infrastructure Work Session (Housh: 5
NEW BUSINESS (8:50 p.m.)
• Financial Investment Discussion (Housh: 15 min)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS (9:20 p.m.)*
• June 18:
+ Ordinance re: Small Cell Towers
+ Resolution for RFP for Electric Pole Replacement
+ Biennial Review of JSTF Commission Status
+ ESC Presentation on DCIC Progress and Next Steps
+ EB RFP for Energy Conser vation Program
• July 2: Housing Report with Bowen
• July 16:
+ ESC Presentation of Bylaws for DCIC
+ Ordinance Quarterly Supplemental
• Aug. 20:Resolution Approving DCIC Bylaws
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be
held at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, June 18, 2018 in Council Chambers, John
Br yan Community Center, 100 Dayton Street.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community
Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration
by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting.
Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk
of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommoda-
tions for people with disabilities. The Council meeting is wheelchair accessible.
Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk