- Home ▼
- Subscribe ▼
- Advertise ▼
- Submissions ▼
- Calendars ▼
- Business Listings ▼
- Classifieds ▼
- Contact us
Articles About flowers
By Audrey HackettJune 26, 2020
In late summer, native sunflowers in Ellen Hoover’s garden draw goldfinches. The bright yellow birds feast on seeds, then burst out like sunflower petals flung to the sky. Down the street, monarch butterflies browse Catherine Zimmerman’s coneflowers, goldenrod and asters.
By YS News StaffApril 22, 2020
Daria Mabra of Glen Garden Gifts distributed several dozen flowers in vases, buckets and jars around downtown Friday afternoon, April 2.
2020 LWV Voters Guide
The Ohio League of Women Voters 2020 Voters Guide is available in the Oct. 15 edition of the News, and also online. Click here to view.
Senior Center reopening halted
The Senior Center announced on Oct. 16 that it would halt its reopening, planned for Monday, Oct. 19, due to the elevation of Greene County to level 3, or “red,” by the Ohio Public Health Advisory System.
Support the News
Local anti-racist action discussions
COVID-19 Reader Questions
Openings, closings and reschedulings
From the print
- COVID-19 update— Cases rise in Greene County
- Senior Center to reopen Monday
- Voting begins for Nov. 3 election
- Antioch University Midwest absorbed, building for sale
- Gary waves goodbye— Wavelength Salon & Spa closes after 27 years
- Little Thunders— As the thunder rolls, reflections and questions
- Fire station sale still pending
- The Village Mouse— The sinking of the friend ship
- Dave Chappelle seeks OK for more local shows
- Who’s the News, pt. III: the columnists