By Diane ChiddisterOctober 1, 2009
At a Sept. 28 special meeting on a possible renewal of the Village property tax levy, several Council members stated their preference for a future levy at a reduced amount.
“Given that we care about affordability and this levy has been a burden on people, I feel we should think about a significant reduction,” Council President Judith Hempfling said.
Guide to Yellow Springs
Previous issue’s stories
- Yellow Springs Schools — Holden addresses facilities
- Village Council—Local electricity mega-green
- Antioch College — Summer Institute series debuts
- Classroom climate — How do YSHS students learn?
- ‘Interrupted Motherhood’— The juggling act of single motherhood
- Antioch Reunion — Talking town-gown links
- Steve Bognar receives a ‘Welcome to the Academy’
From the print
Recent Blog Posts
- Behind the story
- From the Print
- Higher Education
- News Notices
- Student Life
- Village Life
- Village Schools
- Yellow Springs News Blogs