Village Council Regular Meeting
- Published: January 12, 2017
Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2017, 5:30 p.m.
Council Chambers, second floor, Bryan Community Center
Comments from the Public are welcomed at two different times during the course of the meeting: (1) Comments on items not on the Agenda will be heard under Citizens Concerns, and (2) Comments on all items listed on the Agenda will be heard during Council’s consideration of said item. A Sign-In sheet will be made available on the small table at the rear of the Council Chambers. Please write your name and the topic you wish to discuss.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (5:30 p.m.)
• For the Purpose of Discussion of Potential Litigation, of an Employee Wage Increase and of Staff Yearly Evaluation.
CONSENT AGENDA (7:05 p.m.)
• Minutes of December 5, 2016 Regular Meeting
• Minutes of December 19, 2016 Executive Session
• Minutes of January 3, 2017 Special Meeting
• November, 2016 Financials
• December, 2016 Financials
• Reading of Resolution 2017-02 Authorizing the Village Manager to Enter into a Lease Agreement with Clem Farms for the Use of Village Property on Dayton-Yellow Springs Road
• Emergency Reading of Ordinance 2017-01 Authorizing 2017 Annual Transfers for the Village of Yellow Springs and Declaring an Emergency
• First Reading of Ordinance 2017-02 Authorizing the Police Department to Dispose of Surplus, Unclaimed Bicycles to Other Public Agencies
• Glass Farm Update
• 2017 Council Goals
• Economic Sustainability Commission Forum Proposal for Former CBE Discussion
• Agenda Planning for Special Meeting regarding NYE Event
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
+ Special Meeting to Address Concerns Related to New Year’s Eve/Day
Events: JB Center Gym
• Feb. 6:
+ Resolution 2017-03 Standardizing Contracts for Contract Employees of
+ Resolution 2017-04 Approving an Employment Contract with the Clerk
+ Resolution 2017-05 Adjusting Employee Wage Scales
+ Resolution 2017-06 Approving Council’s 2017 Goals
+ Ordinance 2017-03 Granting a Permanent Conservation Easement on
the Yellow Springs Creek Area Adjacent to the Bryan Center
+ Ordinance 2017-04 Granting a Permanent Conservation Easement on a
Portion of the Glass Farm
+ Council Retreat
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, February 6, 2017 in Council Chambers, John Bryan Community Center, 100 Dayton Street.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change.
Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. The Council meeting is wheelchair accessible. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 767-9126 or via e-mail at email@example.com for more information.