Village Council Regular Meeting
- Published: July 2, 2020
— Public Notice —
Village Council Regular Meeting
Virtual Meeting • Monday, July 6, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: In accordance with Sub. HB 197, this meeting will be held as a remote meeting. The public is not permitted to access Council Chambers during the meeting.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, ALL COUNCIL MEETINGS WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY.
Citizens can participate via YouTube (Community Access Yellow Springs), FB Live (Village of Yellow Springs), 937-767-3402 or PORourke@yso.com. If you would like to make a “live” statement on camera, please contact Judy Kintner to arrange that via our Zoom meeting platform.
CALL TO ORDER
EXECUTIVE SESSION (6:30 p.m.)
• For the Purpose of Discussion of the Hiring of a Prosecutor to Serve Mayor’s Court
SWEARING-IN (7 p.m.)
• Breanne Parcels of Gorman, Veskauf, Henson and Wineberg as Village Solicitor
CONSENT AGENDA (7:10 p.m.)
• Minutes of June 15, 2020 Regular Session
PUBLIC HEARINGS/LEGISLATION (7:25 p.m.)
• Second Reading and Public Hearing of Ordinance 2020-10 Authorizing the Cancellation of Utility Debt Owed to the Village of Yellow Springs Which Originates Prior to Calendar Year 2015
• Reading of Resolution 2020-24 Approving a Contract with Breanne Parcels for Services as Village Solicitor
• Reading of Resolution 2020-25 Approving the Finance Director’s 2021 Tax Budget
• Reading of Resolution 2020-26 Approving a Contract with Insight Pipe Contracting for Sewer Relining
• Reading of Resolution 2020-27 Authorizing the Village of Yellow Springs to Join the Houston-Galveston Area Council (HGAC) for Purchasing Certain Products and Services Through Their Cooperative Purchasing Program and Authorizing the Village Manager to Enter into a Contract with Insight Pipe Contracting in the Amount of $155,383.32, for Relining of Select Sanitary Lines for the Village of Yellow Springs
• Reading of Resolution 2020-28 Authorizing the Village of Yellow Springs to Participate in the Ohio Cooperative Purchasing Program
CITIZEN CONCERNS (7:35 p.m.)
SPECIAL REPORTS (7:45 p.m.)
• Dog Park Plan Update (Burns: 10 min)
• Storm Water and Sanitary Line Update (Burns: 15 min.)
OLD BUSINESS (8:10 p.m.)
• Update re: Mask Resolution (Housh: 20 min.)
• Update re: Declaring Racism a Public Health Crisis and Committing to Meaningful Action (Housh: 10 min.)
• Discussion of Current Village Finances (including Utility Update) and Budget Management (Salmeron: 10 min.)
NEW BUSINESS (8:50 p.m.)
• Report and Recommendations from Board/Commission Restructuring Committee (Curliss: 15 min.)
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS* (9:15 p.m.)
• Comprehensive Land Use Plan Update (Sorrel)
• Possibilities for Donation Line (Jeannamarie Cox)
No First Meeting in August
*Future Agenda items are noted for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
The next regular meeting of the Council of the Village of Yellow Springs will be held as a virtual meeting at 7 p.m. on Monday, July 20, 2020.
This is not a complete agenda and is subject to change. Materials relevant to this agenda are available in the John Bryan Community Center lobby and at the Yellow Springs library. Documents for consideration by Council must arrive by 10 a.m. on the Friday prior to Monday’s meeting. Documents may be left with the police department, utility office or the Clerk of Council’s office.
The Village of Yellow Springs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Any person requiring a disability accommodation should contact the Village Clerk of Council’s Office at 937-767-9126 or via e-mail at clerk@vil. yellowsprings.oh.us for more information.