Articles About use of force
By Audrey HackettJanuary 26, 2017
What role do tasers play in local policing? What role should they play? Is the device, typically classified as a “less-lethal weapon,” misused by Yellow Springs police? How did tasers figure into the clash with villagers at the New Year’s Eve Ball Drop?
By Diane ChiddisterJuly 14, 2016
A newly hired police officer who sparked controversy in two recent village incidents by using what some saw as excessive force has been terminated from the police force.
By Diane ChiddisterJune 23, 2016
At Council’s June 6 meeting, several villagers expressed concern over two recent instances of what they perceived as aggressive behavior by a local police officer.
Guide to Yellow Springs
Previous issue’s stories
- Yellow Springs Schools — Holden addresses facilities
- Village Council—Local electricity mega-green
- Antioch College — Summer Institute series debuts
- Classroom climate — How do YSHS students learn?
- ‘Interrupted Motherhood’— The juggling act of single motherhood
- Antioch Reunion — Talking town-gown links
- Steve Bognar receives a ‘Welcome to the Academy’
From the print
Recent Blog Posts
- Behind the story
- From the Print
- Higher Education
- News Notices
- Student Life
- Village Life
- Village Schools
- Yellow Springs News Blogs