Articles About vigil
By Diane ChiddisterJuly 21, 2016
More than 150 villagers lined Xenia Avenue for an hour beginning at noon last Sunday in silent protest against recent shootings of blacks.
By Matt MindeDecember 10, 2014
Last Friday, Dec. 3, several Antioch College students, faculty and townspeople participated in a candlelight vigil in a display of solidarity with Mexico for the disappearance and subsequent murder of 43 students.
By Megan BachmanJuly 25, 2013
White and black neighbors came together for a silent candlelight vigil on Sunday night for Trayvon Martin, the 17-year-old African-American victim of a fatal shooting in Florida.
Previous issue’s stories
- Village Council ponders regulation of Yellow Springs Airbnbs
- Yellow Springs artists visit Greek refugee camp
- New alumni group raises friends, funds for Yellow Springs schools
- Herndon Gallery: Identity unmasked in ‘Schizomaica’
- Chamber Music in Yellow Springs 32nd Annual Competition
- YSHS production of ‘Oklahoma!’ has legs — about 90
Seeking our series?
Guide to Yellow Springs
Search the YS News
Recent Blog Posts
Seeking something older?
- Peaceful gathering by Suzanne Szempruch
- BLOG — Participant, observer by Lauren Shows
- ‘Super’ projects on display at Mills Lawn Exhibition Night by Lauren Shows
- From the Print
- Higher Education
- News Notices
- Payment forms
- Students Around The World
- Village Life
- Village Schools
- Yellow Springs News Blogs