At a Sept. 28 special meeting on a possible renewal of the Village property tax levy, several Council members stated their preference for a future levy at a reduced amount.
“Given that we care about affordability and this levy has been a burden on people, I feel we should think about a significant reduction,” Council President Judith Hempfling said.
Seeking our series?
A memorial service for Philip Harold Dawson will be held Wednesday, March 29, at Jackson Lytle and Lewis Funeral Home in Yellow Springs. Visitation will be held from noon to 1 p.m., with services beginning at 1 p.m. Burial will follow at Valley View Memory Gardens. A full obituary will appear in the March 30 issue of the News.
From the Print
Guide to Yellow Springs
Search the YS News
Recent Blog Posts
Seeking something older?
view all Yellow Springs News videos
- BLOG — Participant, observer by Lauren Shows
- ‘Super’ projects on display at Mills Lawn Exhibition Night by Lauren Shows
- Villagers gather at Strawberry Fest for treats and tunes by Lauren Shows
- From the Print
- Higher Education
- News Notices
- Payment forms
- Students Around The World
- Village Life
- Village Schools
- Yellow Springs News Blogs