Clean-Up Week 2014
- Published: April 23, 2014
Clean-up week will be held Monday, May 12 through Friday, May 16. Clean out all household items large and small. Please have items out by your regular trash pick-up day. This service is only for Village Solid Waste customers. If you have any general questions, please call 767-7202 x221. Your efforts to bundle, sort, separate, and certify will be much appreciated.
• Package small items for easier handling (box, bag, or tie in bundles, etc.).
• Bundle corrugated cardboard no larger than 2 ft. square (may also be picked up weekly with your other garbage).
• Separate metal items out from other materials so they can be recy•cled.
• Certify cooling appliances as CFC-free. Rumpke will provide this certication for $20 (800-223-3960), or you must make arrangements with another qualied technician.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT OUT:
• Yard Waste: Leaf and brush are picked up on the last Friday of the month through November; just purchase a bag/tag for $2 at the Vil•lage Utility ofce, 767-7202.
• Motor Oil: Oil can be recycled in the receptacle behind the Bryan Center.
• Construction Materials: These are accepted at Xenia Demo•litions Debris Facility, 588 Dayton-Xenia Rd., Xenia, (937) 372-2978.
• Hazardous Materials: House•hold hazardous waste is recycled twice a year in Greene Co. Call for the next date, (937) 562-5925.
• Batteries: Auto, motorcycle, lawn mower, and tractor batteries are accepted at various locations. Please call (937) 562-5925 for details.
Interim Village Manager