Articles About OANG
By Brooke BryanDecember 3, 2009
The “deafening” and “brain rattling” sensation of an F-16 jet veering near town on a training mission is, some villagers say, an “assault on the nervous system”— an inescapable sensation that “penetrates the body” and sometimes rattles windows.
Other villagers find the occasional low flyover to be a mere annoyance, or even a curiosity to count with the kids.
Previous issue’s stories
- Village Council— New policing guidelines discussed
- School board— Vote clears way for potential land purchases
- Jennifer Rosengarten at Springfield Art Museum— Artist’s ‘exuberance’ in nature
- Communities rethink how to police
- David Carlson’s charges from New Years incident reduced
Seeking our series?
Guide to Yellow Springs
Search the YS News
Recent Blog Posts
Seeking something older?
- Peaceful gathering by Suzanne Szempruch
- BLOG — Participant, observer by Lauren Shows
- ‘Super’ projects on display at Mills Lawn Exhibition Night by Lauren Shows
- From the Print
- Higher Education
- News Notices
- Payment forms
- Students Around The World
- Village Life
- Village Schools
- Yellow Springs News Blogs