- Published: December 21, 2020
- Village of Yellow Springs shares $40K in federal CARES funds
New HVAC filtration systems, masks, gloves, stand-alone air purifiers, plexiglass partitions and hand sanitizer stations were among the products purchased by local organizations through the grant.
- Amid pandemic, Friends Care Community’s ho-ho-holidays
The holidays are festive, if lower-key, at Friends Care Community this year. Visitation has been restricted at the facility since March.
- The Briar Patch— Mortgaging humanity: Property values and the life of Wheeling Gaunt
There is clear distinction between Gaunt’s humanitarian-based business structure, and the economic system of slavery upon which our mortgage system is based. Bundling enslaved people — captives — into securities had benefits for the slave owner.
- Wheeling Gaunt’s legacy lives on
Wheeling Gaunt’s generosity perseveres in a 126-year-old tradition of the delivery of flour to local widows and widowers at the holidays — a stipulation in Gaunt’s will when he bequeathed the land that is now Gaunt Park to the Village.
- 2020 in six words or one picture
This year, as in years past, the YS News asked its readers to write a little something in response to a question about the year that’s ending.
- Spirits of Christmas Past
In the spirit of the holidays, the Yellow Springs News did a deep dive into the News archives and unearthed a bevy of fun holiday photos from past decades.
- Chappelle to buy former fire station in Yellow Springs for comedy club
Nationally known comedian and local resident Dave Chappelle is purchasing the former Miami Township fire station with plans to open a comedy club in Yellow Springs.
Comments are closed for this article.