- Subscribe ▼
- Advertise ▼
- Submissions ▼
- Calendars ▼
- Business Listings ▼
- Classifieds ▼
- Contact us
Articles About Black history
By Audrey HackettJuly 29, 2020
Yellow Springs resident Phyllis Jackson, 95, died on July 11 after a long and rich life of service to the community she loved. A memorial service was held for Jackson on Saturday, July 18, at Central Chapel AME Church, where she’d been a member since 1943.
By Megan BachmanMarch 15, 2018
The 365 Project celebrates 10 years of engaging the community on issues of race and preserving local black history with an event on Sunday.
Support the News
Local anti-racist action discussions
COVID-19 Reader Questions
Openings, closings and reschedulings
From the print
- Noncitizen voting under fire
- Independent review clears YSPD chief
- Tom Manley to leave Antioch College in June of 2021
- YS Schools restart— District assesses risks
- ‘A Small Thing to Want’— Cawood explores desire, regret
- The future of Yellow Springs, now
- Antioch School plans for in-person restart
- Movies return to Little Art big screen
- State mask order: how to enforce?
- Yellow Springs Schools— New academic year to begin online
From the print archives
Know your NBC
View all 5 questions and answers posted.