- Published: April 13, 2023
- Down to Earth | Celebrate the earth
“Celebrate the earth as the flowers and trees burst with color, abundance and the promise of fall harvest. Take a moment to admire nature’s beauty and be thankful for the gifts of nature.”
- Yellow Springs Masonic Lodge to host open house
The Yellow Springs Masonic Lodge will host a public open house Saturday, April 22, 11 a.m.–2 p.m.; the Lodge is located at 242 Xenia Ave.
- ‘Hidden in Plain Site’ exhibition opens at former Baptist church
A painting, created by Bronx-based artist Rafaela Santos — with a simple color palette of reds, blues, whites and blacks — draws the eyes immediately when walking into the newly completed architecture studio, Crome Yellow Springs, formerly the church home of the predominately African American First Baptist Church.
- Yellow Springs Board of Education | Facilities options narrow to six
At a Wednesday, March 29 work session of the YS Board of Education, board members winnowed the number of plans for potential facilities upgrades under consideration from eight options to six.
- 100 native wildlife habitats in Yellow Springs
Over 100 properties throughout the village have been certified with the National Wildlife Federation, or NWF, as official native wildlife habitats. Each of these properties — 108, to be exact — have met the NWF’s criteria of providing local fauna with sources of food, water and shelter, while abiding by stringent sustainable practices.
- ‘The Insatiable Volt Sisters’ | Rachel Eve Moulton debuts novel
Rachel Eve Moulton will read from “The Insatiable Volt Sisters” Sunday, April 16, 3–5 p.m., at Emporium Wines and Underdog Cafe, with an introduction by author Katrina Kittle.
- Cheers to 10 years at Yellow Springs Brewery
On Saturday, April 15, Yellow Springs Brewery is throwing a day-long 10th anniversary party at its Millworks location to mark a decade of “crafting truth to power” right here in Yellow Springs.
Comments are closed for this article.